Wyld Prophets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question about moon bridges.

3 posters

Go down

A question about moon bridges. Empty A question about moon bridges.

Post by fuzzypat Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:45 pm

More a setting question than a rules question but this seemed the best place to ask.

How does the ST staff feel about the use of Moon Bridges for mass-transit-type uses? I understand that, at their core, that's what Moon Bridges do (connect Caerns and Septs together), but I wanted to check just how casually you all feel they should be used.

When we set up the link between the two septs, it was not my intention for it to be used like a taxi service, yet being able to bypass traveling through the Wyrm-taint and Leech-threat of Columbus is a tempting treat.

I realize this is mostly a flavor decision, as asking how we end up at the Sept isn't usually as important as what we do when we get there, but I'm afraid of robbing Moon Bridge travel of its mystique, and I'm afraid of treating something that should be a sacrament (of the Gaia-Cult that is the Garou culture) with mercenary callousness.

Bleh. big words done. question done too.

Thoughts?
fuzzypat
fuzzypat
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

A question about moon bridges. Empty Re: A question about moon bridges.

Post by Founder Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:24 pm

What a good looking question!

My opinions are myriad, but I'm betting (and this is not to deter you from asking such questions) that this is an issue best dealt with IC. We have a PC Gatekeeper now, so it should be an interesting thing for a discussion to happen over.

Now the original impetus for forming the Second Chances <---> Whispered Oaths moon bridge was mutual defense of both caerns. Expanding upon that to allow for ease of travel would not fly in the face of the spirit of the game (and it's been used in this fashion at least once since it was established), in my humble opinion, particularly if the two septs have good relations. But, as it should be, your mileage may vary as far as different ritemasters' opinions may go.

I'm curious at any thoughts others might throw in.

Founder
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

https://wyldprophets.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Stands-Above-the-Scorn Wed May 13, 2009 11:26 am

I'll wade ion on this one... and primarily it goes like that... what sort of chimerage is to be offered to the spirits for maintaining the bridge where the garou in question should be perfectly capable of that travel themselves, and honestly if they aren't strong enough then survival of the fittest. do i think it could be a mass taxi service durring and attack? yes. do I think it should be used as such at the whim of a bunch of low ranking garou.... i don't agree with that. i know as least as of my pack none of us would use it friviliously.... and yes two of my packmates are silent-striders so they travel distinces easier... however I travel with them and being a CoG i don't have speed of thaught. now mind you the pack has 3 Fostern and another who is in the process of his challange for fostern...
Stands-Above-the-Scorn
Stands-Above-the-Scorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down