Wyld Prophets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shameless self-advertising

Go down

Shameless self-advertising Empty Shameless self-advertising

Post by Sinvalore Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:32 am

Hello all!

Most of you noticed I was gone for rather a long time.  Its rare, but when my muse bites me, I write.  Most normal people can balance things like life, work, funtime, and inspiration.  Not me:  I was pretty obsessed for a while, writing 8 - 10 hours a day.  I was able to work and fulfill my responsibilities but playtime was pretty much thrown out the window.  For me creativity = obsession.

Anyway, the end result was 2 and a half (so far) novel-length series.  I have sent the first novel to agents and am hoping to get one to represent me.  I figure its a longs hot, so I will also look into self-publishing two months after I sent things out to agents.

The story itself started on Reddit's NoSleep subreddit.  Its a site for realistic, possible horror that is assumed to be true and written in first person.  Readers and writers are all supposed to assume everything posted is 'true' to keep the realism.  If you like reading horror story's, I suggest to go there!

My story is a very semi-autobiographical (emphasis on the semi) about my summer after high school where I accidentally started a cult and the reperussions of what I did.  

My subreddit has all the postings:  http://www.reddit.com/r/TheFlock/.  Start with 'A Silence So Deep'

I have had a few dozen agents check out that site and this one (an in-character site for the cult):  http://chriszeke2.wix.com/the-flock 

I am posting this because:

a) I wanted to explain why I was gone for so long
b) the more followers of my subreddit, the more likely I will get an agent
c) I like sharing my story, its nifty.  I like it when people like it.  I also like feedback.

So, please check it out!  I will not pollute the boards with my shameless self-advertising again.  Thanks all!
Sinvalore
Sinvalore

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum