Wyld Prophets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wiki, guidelines for not dying

+8
fuzzypat
Brian Goldfarb
Lafayette
Piotr
Franklyn
Jewls
trevorf
Kate Yurov
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Wiki, guidelines for not dying - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wiki, guidelines for not dying

Post by Kate Yurov Sat May 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Oh, of course. I'm not doing this by percentage (which would be much more accurate), mostly because this is just supposed to be funny. ;-)

For example, that's 15 dead for Silver Fangs out of 45 total characters, but 15 dead for Glasswalkers out of 46 characters....so it's slightly worse to be a Silver Fang. However, there are only two Stargazers and one is dead, so that's a straight 50% death rate, highest so far...but probably unrealistic. Fianna are 8 dead out of 24, which makes them equal to the Silver Fangs for percentage (33% roughly), so you could make that argument.

Ahrouns have 51 living and 18 dead, so that's roughly 26%, and when you look at Ragabash.....43 living and 10 dead, that's almost 19%.

Theurge: 38 living, 13 dead....25%
Philodox: 35 living, 14 dead....28.5%
Galliard: 48 living, 14 dead.....22.5%

So, looks like Philodox win by percentage there! I didn't do the rest of the tribes yet, mostly cause I need to get back to work. But hey, you wanna check the data anytime? Go to the wiki! I don't mind the help!

http://silverrecord.owbn.net/index.php?title=Sept_of_Whispered_Oaths
Kate Yurov
Kate Yurov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

The Wiki, guidelines for not dying - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wiki, guidelines for not dying

Post by Kate Yurov Sat May 12, 2012 8:17 pm

P.S. Adding new characters all the time, so this will change minute to minute.
Kate Yurov
Kate Yurov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soren Saga-smith Sat May 12, 2012 8:24 pm

I wish we had character incept dates and death dates so we could do a Cox analysis. It's profitable to look at whether certain chronicles are more or less hazardous. The null hypothesis is that you haven't got a statistically significant difference either in auspice or tribe.

But, yeah, I'd like to put it in R and see what we get.
Soren Saga-smith
Soren Saga-smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Soren Saga-smith Sat May 12, 2012 8:26 pm

Wait, do you have a spreadsheet where you keep the counts?
Soren Saga-smith
Soren Saga-smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Yurov Sat May 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Nope, been doing it mostly in my head (the counts, that is). It's been more important to get the characters and BTA listed by sept so that it's a reference for players. But yes, I would love to get character incept and death dates. What a fantastic picture that would give us! Theoretically it is in the ST's databases, but good luck seeing that, right?

Kate Yurov
Kate Yurov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soren Saga-smith Sat May 12, 2012 8:33 pm

I now have a reason to become CBC.

Fuck the power. I want the data.
Soren Saga-smith
Soren Saga-smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2